Thursday, January 10, 2008

I have a couple of days off work (woo hoo) so thought I would do a quick update. I am hovering around 103 - 104kg. I wish that I could stay away from the scales cos I know its no way to run your life or have your life run by scales but its also the one way of having some (hopefully) positive results from some hard yards. I aren't doing the whole band diet correctly and I definitely know how to cheat it if I want treats but I am also aware that I am only cheating myself so I do try to stay on track. I can eat a side plate size meal now which I am comfortable doing especially if it is a good meal of veges and meat. If I want to I can probably eat a small pudding after it but mostly I don't want too. If I really want something sweet like my beloved Christmas plum pudding I have it rather than dinner. I still find it very difficult not to graze but continue to keep trying. I caught up with a work colleague yesterday after three months and she was shocked at the difference in me. Its a buzz when that happens but I get a bit shy from the attention too. I stopped in and saw another friend the other day and she was also shocked at the weight loss. She is really struggling with losing weight herself and I felt so bad for her. I remember only too well what that desperate feeling of the tunnel with no light is like when it comes to trying to Lord over weight control. I saw my nut case mental sister (long story) the other day and she walked straight past me which was really exciting cos I didn't get her daggers like usual hehe. I am still trying to do the walking or biking thing but time passes so quickly that its often a day or two before I have another go at it. I walked home from the new train station yesterday which was the first time I had been there and so when I left the train station I headed towards the road via the car park but by the time I had got to the end of the carpark and realised it was all gated and I had to either hurdle the fence - ppfft yeah right or walk all the way back and around I nearly called it quits and jumped on a bus but I didn't. Well I'll be off now to sort out my son who is flying to NZ on Saturday to spend a couple of weeks with his Grandma and Grandad in Christchurch. Oh for some kiwi Fush and Chups!!! xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

SLIMLIFE SUSAN said...

Dear Dianne,
thanks for the supportive comment. I've only just caught up with your blog and agree with the previuos comment. Very enjoyable - keep up the good work. With comments like that last one you can't tell I'm a teacher can you?
Cheers Susan