Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Its been a while

Hi all, Well its been a fair while since I posted and I would personally like to thank my dear friends at Telstra Big Pond for that. I am very happy to say we have finally parted company and I hope that that particular business falls into a big pond! Anyway I am now with another provider who only has you on hold for 40mins at a time instead of Telstra standard 80 minutes so thats gotta be better for a start. I have been to see my surgeon on Monday 4th Feb and was 102kg which is a 6.5kg loss since I last saw him 8 weeks ago. 8 weeks seems a long time and 6.5kg doesnt seem to be that much but in old terms its another whole stone down, so I guess that calls for a woo hoo. I have definatley had times in the last month where I have thought 'what the hell did I do this to myself for?' I have had some real battles with eating food and keeping it down and finding that the good stuff gets stuck and the junk shoots through is really tough for someone who has spent her life making shocking food and quantity choices. I spent the last 3 weeks doing Dr Atkins protein diet and kick started my wieght loss again but at the same time its a struggle when the whole purpose of this band was so that I could (or thought I could) forget 'dieting' and just live life. Anyway after my wiegh in with Dr Hamdorf I flagged the whole idea of Dr Atkins and have resumed just normal eating habits. I had a 1 ml adjustment to the band which had made it very tight - 9.5mls in a 11 ml band. I now can only eat tiny amounts and very limited on the foods. Summer fruit is soooo out. I dont think I will have another adjustment again for a long time. My friend and I at work are walking each lunch time and doing Jacobs ladder. For those of you who dont know Jacobs ladder is 240 stairs that go up the side of kings Park. The first day took us an hour to do the whole route now we are down to 35min so its getting easier and now when we get back to work my legs dont shake involuntarily lol.
Its certainly been a painful experience but becoming ummm more comfortable - I just cant say enjoyable. Andy and I are continuing with our bike riding and other forms of exercise which is great and he is getting quite buff. I have applied for a job as a Prison Warden so I have to master 7 mens style push ups. I am up to 4. At least I havent landed on my nose.............yet! Will post again soon cos I can now. ciao for now Dianne

No comments: