Monday, February 18, 2008

What the!

Today I left for work at 5.45am so that I could take the train in with my bike. You arent allowed on the train during peak time with a cycle and you have to be out of the station by 7.00am so I wanted to play it safe and ended up getting to work at 6.30am AND IT WAS STILL DARK. I parked the bike in the basement and at 2.00pm I left work to cycle home. Once I got to the waters edge (Swan river) I knew I was in BIG BIG trouble because it was soooo windy that people were jogging past me - DON'T LAUGH. I pedalled for dear life and honestly I thought mine was gonna end it was so bloody hard going. Andy had said to me 'just wait till you have left the river you wont have any wind it will be totally sheltered'. Ummm WRONG. It blew and blew and I huffed and puffed. Honestly it was miserable and I was seriously thinking I would dump the bike in the grass somewhere and jump on a train. Well I persevered and apart from pulling faces and poking tongues at the racing bikes that went wirring past me I had a pretty ok attitude. Some of those racers bike pants cost more than my bike which I paid a grand $89.00 for from Target. Bloody show offs lol. Andy called me to see where I was and when I told him I was still a fair hike from home he came looking for me and I must say I was very glad to put the bike in the car 6km short of where I was going. We have our house on the market and our agent rang in the middle of a steep hill. He had some people to bring through the house and like I told him 'I cant breathe mate, I couldnt give a rip' lol. So that was the big bike ride for the day. I did manage to eat a bag of chips and a small picnic bar on the way though. How depressing. I probably didnt even work it all off. Now there's a great comforting thought to go to sleep on! Night night x

No comments: