Saturday, July 12, 2008

What a bugger of week its been. No particular reason but its just been a pain in the neck and I am glad its over. I am having trouble with 'woman's' problems and weather that's causing my weight to stay stagnant I don't know but I just cant seem to budge the scales. My surgeon said to me to eat whatever I want cos I will lose weight cos I cant eat big quantities. Well baa baaow! Wrong! I can eat chips (cold) till the cows come home and I can eat enough to gain weight AND I can seem to eat any sort of cake I want that doesn't get stuck So, this week I am going to behave and move the scales and I am going to get back into exercising.
Training has been tough. I really struggle with the militant side of it as I have already said. I just don't think when I am there about hierarchy etc. I have always had a problem with people or the perception that people are talking down to me. Last week I was freezing and walking along with my hands in my pocket when this booming voice behind me said 'Ms M...., are your hands cold?' I replied 'yes freezing, thanks for asking'. It didn't occur to me that I was being told in a round about way to get them out of my pockets and it wasn't until someone poked me in the side and said 'get your hands outta your pockets' through gritted teeth did it click! Then I really screwed up on Friday and got in huge trouble. We had a guest speaker and I swear this man looked like Abe Lincoln. He started his talk and I don't know where he was from but he had an incredibly thick German or Polish accent. I got the giggles. I couldn't stop. The more i tried to the more I cried with laughter. It had this huge roll on effect and suddenly half the class were almost off their chairs with laughter. This lasted for an hour. When we got back to class the manager and another came in and screamed at us. It was warranted and bloody rude of me I know but I just couldn't get my act together. Oh well - shouldnt beat myself up I guess. I just wish it was all over and I could get into the actual job. Well I will sign off now and go for a walk. Have a good week and dont have your hands in your pocket either lol

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dianne

I feel like I've known you for ages. I have this morning read through your complete blog history, and now can't wait for the next installment.

We have a few similarities. I am NZ born (Hamilton), have had weight loss surgery (Vertical Gastric Sleave on 12/2/o8), live in Perth and had the same surgeon as you - Jeff Hamdorf, and I've just changed jobs - after 6 years at the one mining company.

I'm turning 35 in Jan and without a doubt this has been the best decision I have made - I'm only upset that I didn't make the decision to have the surgery sooner. I started at the beginning of the year at 136.5kg and am today 109kg.

I thank my lucky stars that I came across Jeff. I ended up having him for a second surgery at the end of April to have my gall bladder removed.

Unfortunately I was given the all clear with an ultrasound prior to my VSG surgery - I got told I had a text book gall bladder. No such luck as the attacks kept occurring and were progessively getting more frequent and more intense. To cut a long story short, Jeff admitted me to SJOG-S and diagnosed me with Pacreatitis which wasn't pleasant. Once that settled he took out the gall bladder and it has been smooth sailing since then. I saw him a few weeks ago and he is wrapped with my progress and my attitude to everything. Don't have to see him till January now.

I have really had an easy journey. I am no longer consumed by thinking about the next thing to go into my mouth. I'm loving life, have also started a new job and the future seems really bright.

I was reading your posts about having your mum over and all her home cooking. The ginger crunch bought back some memories. Might have to get the Edmonds cook book out and make half a batch. That's what I do these days, if i feel like a treat, I usually half the recipe, get the family to have some and then it's not too much damage done.

I'm married and have a really supportive husband, have one child - daughter who will be 8 in October.

I'm Jackie by the way. I'd love to make contact with you - even just by email. My email address is jab_7433@yahoo.com.

Anyway must get to and do something seen as though it's almost 4.oopm Sunday afternoon and I haven't done the work or school uniform washing for the week.

Hope to hear how you're going with the new job - have you finished your training yet? And by the way I love the short hair - it makes you look younger!!

Take care.

Jackie