Thursday, January 29, 2009

So much news so little time. I rang another weight loss surgeon who also does tummy tucks and he is happy to see me with a veiw to do the plastic surgery so I have an appointment in March (obviously the waiting time is getting huge with these surgeons now). I am really looking forward to it and the fact his tucks are only $3500 so thats going to be a huge saving if it pans out. He has been doing them for 15 years as well as the lap band so he must have some pretty good experience. It will give me more time to get my wieght down a bit too. Dr Allen was interesting with his questions to me when I saw him. He really nailed it when he said its hard to stay motivated to lose wieght when someone gets more and more lose skin as they are hyper critical anyway then they have to deal with the (ugliness) of whats left. I must say thats how I feel.
My daughter is getting married in 2 weeks so I am hard out trying to lose a few kilos (as always try and do a years worth of dieting in 4 weeks lol) My mum and Aunty are coming over from NZ and so is some ex in laws so it will be great to see people I havent seen for years (I still get on the the ex in laws). Sadly my daughter is suffering from obesity too and it really breaks my heart. She has a short stature so cant carry any extra wieght without it looking like a lot more. I know better than anyone there is nothing I can say to her but I just gently try and encourage her. Funny how my boys are all race horses and my girl is the one with a wieght problem (aint it always the way). I will put some new photos up over the next few days. Oh and the last bit of news is that my sone and his girlfriend are having a baby. It sorta went like this on Christmas eve. (Amongst the tears) by the way mum Toni is pregnant
(((((((((MERRY CHRISTMAS))))))))))). i am over the shock now but still very sad for him as he is only 17 but I have learnt that you can educate and advise but at the end of the day they are going to do whatever the hell they want to do regardless! xx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow - so much family stuff going on for you at the moment. Speaking as a daughter, I kinda understand where you are coming from around your daughter. This band is the best thing I have ever done for myself, but I had to get to the decision making point by myself. If Mum had suggested it - I would have slowly waddled away screaming that I didn't have a weight problem. I get just how much my weight affected her now when she keeps telling me how nice it is to see her daughter coming back.

Anonymous said...

Just want to say that you all look gorgeous! How proud you must be Diane of your beautiful daughter. As for you Diane, you look stunning, sexy and absolutely beautiful You too should be so proud of yourself!

Love
Juju
x