Friday, August 27, 2010

Its been a funny time since I put up the last post about a tummy tuck. I am really shocked at the bitchy jealousy remarks/snigger's I have had particularly from some work colleagues. I'm really shocked. I would be genuinely pleased if not a little envious of someone being able to have some plastic surgery if that's what they wanted and would make them feel better about themselves but and I'm sorry to say woman, are truly their own worst enemies. Do we as woman really think that having a snarly attitude towards each other when one of us wants to do this is ok? I don't get it. If I could get through to myself and truly believe that the huge flap of skin hanging off my stomach isn't effecting my life and my 80yr old boobs (Dr said that to me when I was 24) were just fine and didn't bother me everytime I took off my clothes I would put myself through 7 hours of surgery and 6 weeks of intense recovery? Never mind the huge expense! Why cant we just be happy for each other or at least pretend.
I really wish I had of just shut up and did it all quietly only to be bombarded with attitude and 'looks' from my work mates. I feel really gutted. I know I know its jealousy and bitchiness but its also a let down.
Moving on. I have decided to change surgeons as I got to see (very graphically) a ladies surgical photos of a surgeon that I had met a couple of years ago and really liked. He is roughly the same price and I feel better about using him so thats now all booked in. This lady has lost an amazing 110kgs and so as you can imagine had huge amounts of skin to trim off. She is a real inspiration to me and although she still battles her fat demons its been great to have her to sound off with.
Well will update again in a couple of weeks. Cheers to you all particulare the non knockers xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dont let anyone knock u down.....only you walk in ur shoes and feel how u feel......bugger the rest....you go my girlfriend..you will feel so great...xxxxxx kaylene

Anonymous said...

Hi Di,

Thanks for sharing and sorry about the bitchy comments. They have no idea what it's like to be you and your decision is for you and your long-term well-being. I think it's incredibly brave and exciting. You go and good luck!! alvina =)