Sunday, November 11, 2007

What's with all the flies

Summer has arrived today. It wasn't here yesterday or last week but today we clocked 36 on the thermometer! And of course, today we took our walking to a whole new level and decided we would walk in the sand dunes (where there is no breeze) and sometimes snakes cross the path. So, off we set out at 10.30am and into the dunes we head. We walked for an hour but at least Andy didn't get weak from lack of food because he managed lots of protein in the form of 3 flies one via his nostril. I managed to blow out my meals before they headed south. Oh they are so gross and so persistent. We got back to the car and headed straight for the sports shop where we purchased two real prrrreeety nets to put over out hats to keep the flies at bay. Have I told you all how flippin gross they are?
The scales that I decided not to get on last week are down to just under 108kg yay!!!! Can eat lots that I couldn't before so the stomach band has adjusted and swelling has gone down I guess. Still feel full after meals though so that's fantastic. I see my surgeon on the 3rd Dec for another fill which will be great and get me through the festive season with a fair amount of cheapness. Andy has his hernia operated on in Dec so hopefully he will be right for the new year too. No more news from me. Will post again on Sunday the 18th Nov. xx Dianne

No comments: