Sunday, November 18, 2007

No Change in scales

Hi All, Its been a week since my last post. I don't have much news in the way of changes but I have no problem just burbling on regardless. The scales are unmoving this week so I am swaying between 107 and 108kg. I have a heap of problems eating healthy food and if I could live on hot chips I would (and try to quite often). I can only eat about 10 or so normal size chips or a small packet from macca's but its still enough to affect my state of mind and the scales. I know its a case of just staying away but saying and doing are of course two different things. I am now a regular loo goer so am glad that the constipation faze has passed but the wind is still a massive problem. Now, this might not sound like a big deal but when I have to keep getting up and down from my desk to exit the building so I can fart it starts to cause some looks from people. I am the windiest person I know and its caused much more from milk, fruit and veges than anything else (woo hoo all the excuse I need to eat hot chips - bugger that's potato) . I emailed my dietitian about it but still haven't heard her views on it. Andy and I are walking daily. We manage between 4 - 8 ks per day which I am thrilled with. Mostly we hover around 5ks but then we do a biggy. I can eat a small portion of food now (about entree size) so my vitamin and mineral intake is heaps better. I can eat just about anything I want except sushi. I ate 1 sushi in the car the other day and it was so painful as it got stuck and so gross as I bought it back that I have decided as much as I love it, it is gone from my menu forever! When I see my surgeon in Dec I will have another 1 ml fill which will tighten up the band some more. That's about it on the band front but I will close with a story from my friend who read about my JUST SPECTACLES glasses debacle. The other day she went to a shop to look at some shoes. She found a nice pair of wedge heel shoes for $40.00. The sales girl (and by the sound she should get try hard sales girl of the year) bustles over and says 'oh those ones are reduced to $10.00 a pr. The bottom of the shoes are different but as my friend thought she was talking about the soles she didn't care because as she said 'why would I care if the pattern on the soles are different, no one sees them when you are wearing them'. Of course when the lass returns with the box and my friend opens them up she is a little shocked to find two very different looking shoes with the only similarity being they are both black in colour. Even the height of them was different! Well they were only $10 I guess and she could borrow my glasses to finish off he look! New post next Sunday, Have a groovy week xx

No comments: