Friday, June 06, 2008

Hello Hello Hello

Well it feels like ages since I last posted when really it hasn't been but it still feels like it. I have had a very eventful week and am very glad its Friday! I got through the events of last weekend OK and on Tuesday I rang my surgeons office and begged BEGGED for an appt to see someone that day as I was starting my job in the Prisons on the Wed. They said they would see me and I rushed in there rejoicing at the thought of getting my 4mils back. I saw the Dr and she weighed me which showed me at 95kg which isn't nearly as bad as I` thought it might have been as mum really did do some pretty yummy cooking while she was here. Anyway, the Dr said she rang my surgeon when she heard I was coming in and he said I could only have 2mils back which has turned out to be not nearly enough as I can eat way too much. Its still a bit of restriction and she said I can have the rest back in two weeks so I'm ok with that. Wed I started my new job and I am thrilled with the great bunch of people I am working with. I thought they might have a few boofy head type personalities there but nope they are all great and I think may even turn out to be life long friends. The training has been really interesting except the legislation jargon but apart from that its been interesting and I have loved it. Still a bit scary though! I had to re do my fitness test today and was relieved when I passed it especially since I haven't exercised for about 7 weeks apart from the very very very occasional run or treadmill. I got my uniform a couple of days ago so that was exciting but I haven't worn it yet. I will sign off now and will post again in the middle of next week. xx Dianne

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a relief to have some fill back. I'm so glad you've been enjoying the new job - working with good people makes all the difference.

Congrats on getting through the fitness test again too - especially with the lack of exercise!