Friday, June 20, 2008

Yippee its the end of another week training and I am sooooo glad! Training is long and hard and full on. There is not one minute of the day that isnt accounted for and its driving me nuts trying to get use to the regimentedness of it (if there is such a word). I spent Monday and Tues at the work place and that was great. Its nice to finally put places and procedures into place cos until now I couldn't figure out what most senior officers were even talking about. I have come down with the heaviest of head colds which is a bummer as the academy where i am training is an old prison and I swear its about 10 degrees colder than anywhere else. I think it would be warmer standing in a puddle of cold water outside than wrapped up and inside the building. My weight is heading up a wee bit due to the fact I can eat copious amounts more than I could before I got the chicken stuck. I am feeling quite desperate about it and am wanting to desperately get a fill but cant get in for two more weeks. I can eat a whole bread roll (filled) now and dessert. Not liking this at all. Its a very low feeling and psychologically all these thoughts go through my mind like 'look how fat I have gotton' and my pants wont fit me anymore even though its only about 3kg I have gained.
The other thing that happened this week is that I put my sweet (really lovely) little canaries outside in the sun on Wed and yesterday I remembered them. That means that they were in the night temp of 4degrees and they were both lying on the cage floor with there little feet up in the air! How bad am I? Oh my gosh. I feel sick that I forgot about them and they had this antarctic type death. I wondered if I could warm them up and they might defrost a bit and spring back into life but nope that didn't work (I put the cage in the laundry with the dryer going) so they were buried. I asked the Senior Officer if I could fly the flag at half mast but he wasn't impressed! Well I am off to have a glass of Dolcetto Syrah. Blog ya soon xx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, your poor canaries - I can understand wanting to fly the flag at half mast.

Great to see the photo of you in your uniform though.

Anonymous said...

Oh No! How devastating!

Life is full of ebbs and flows. Don't worry about the weight gain, I'm sure it'll be back down soon enough.

Em :)