Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I have just been talking to my sister and she said she wanted me to update so here it is. I am back in training this week and will be for the next 11 weeks. The training is paramilitary meaning it parallels with with military and this is where I come a little unstuck. I do understand that the job needs to be very disciplined but and for me it is a big but I have never been able to get into that who military training thing and have often thought they are sort of ......................tosserish! Not that there is anything wrong with someone choosing that career its just I never would. So on the first day when Sargent says we will 'muster' I didn't have a bloody clue what they were talking about. I quickly realised it was to line up but when he bellowed at me to 'not dare be holding my cup of coffee' I spluttered through gritted teeth 'are you talking to me?' Then when he said 'Miss, don't you ever stand with your hands in your pockets' I found it very difficult to hide my disdain and not giggle 'how bout you go get a life'! I have gotten better and I haven't had many more growlings but that's mainly cos I have decided to hang at the back rather than the front of the muster. Today we disarmed a bomb only we blew up so that wasn't much good. Don't be too alarmed as it was a team building exercise so even though I blew up the team I at least don't have to really try and disarm a bomb lol. We have to iron our uniform with such precision that its starting to scare me as ironing is most definitely not a strong point with me. I have been too scared to sit down in case I get bellowed at for the creases on my arse. Today I had to keep going to the loo and I was convinced that Sargent was gonna yell at me for the time spent out of the classroom so I had it all planned that I was going to ask him if he had any tips on changing a tampon fast as I couldn't get my time under 5 minutes but luckily he didn't ask as I might just have gotten fired! I am really enjoying the course and am trying hard to conform but it is a challenge. Well I am off to bed as one thing for sure is that if I dont get a good nights sleep I just about go mental trying to stay awake and I do believe that Sarg is gonna be really pissed at me if I start snoring. Check out the uniform xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's hysterical that the ironing component is freaking you out more than the bomb disarming!! classic. Sounds like hard work but also like you're having a bit of fun which is great.

Good luck!
Em

Unknown said...

Em stole my comment - I'm so with you on the ironing terror though! Sounds like things are going to be full on for you for a while - but what a great new challenge!