Friday, May 09, 2008

Changes in the air

Good Morning. Well we are all moved and settled. My mum arrived from NZ safely and I feel like the last few weeks has been like a build up to a wedding where I wasnt able to do anything more towards the big day until the day before but then everything comes to gether and even though the stress levels are through the roof you can at least start moving on so now all this new faze stuff is happening. I am resigning from my job today and will leave in a week although a good part of that last week I am taking holidays so I will in essence only truly work for another 3 days yahoooooo! I work with some great people and am going to miss them but I am so glad to be waving goodbye to the organisation and the job itself. I start my new job on the 04/06 and now I am quite looking forward to it. I have met another person who I will be working with and he has been there for 9 years so it was good to hear some positive stuff cos up until now its mainly been negative. My band news is small. I seem to be at just about the sweet spot where I can eat a small amount but enough to feel satisfied. I struggle daily with not choosing bad foods and as mum is here and she is the type of person that doesnt move too far from the kitchen i have found that a challenge this week. I got home last night and found myfruit bowl had two bananas and a pear in it (which I put there) and underneath them were hundreds of lollies! So all night I tried to fight the urge to chew them up and listened to my mum and husband rattle around amoungst them until I finally caved and ate half a dozen! Then mum says 'oh Dianne, dont eat those'!!! We have also had a night of pikelets and cream and jam and cream cake. The best way to describe my mum is to say she is like one of those little Italiano woman who is always kneeding dough or stirring the pot of preserves. Our whole family have used the kitchen table to rotate around socially so its a very hard habit to break and it makes me sad cos in my family I dont think there is one that is in control of their eating or weight and every conversation revolves around the battle of the bulge whilst eating delicious unhealthy food. I am a long way from breaking these habits though and as I see mum once a year I want to just enjoy the time with her and not obsess about whats going in my mouth or calories etc. Anyway Im off to have brekky then to this job for one of the last times. I might just celebrate with some pikelets .........'mum, heat up the fry pan'!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on the official changing of the job and getting the house sorted. 2 big things to do.

Enjoy your time with your mum - if that means you are eating things you don't normally, so be it. It's OK to have occasional treats - if you are OK the rest of the time, I wouldn't be worrying. You are still allowed a life with a band.