Friday, May 16, 2008

Its a bizarre world we live in.

I just wanted to quickly blog cos something really bizarre came to light today and I'm so dumbfounded that I had to type. My son has had a RVO (restraining order) taken out against him. May I just say without too much detail that this son of mine has done some very challenging (challenging to my sanity that is) things in his life but for once I can honestly say that this RVO is a nasty nasty woman who saw an opportunity and gleefully took it to make life really hard for my son. Anyway, we are challenging this in court but in the mean time yesterday two of the people named in the RVO tried to contact my son by mobile phone so I rang the police and asked if they could please contact these people and tell them they are breaking their own order and not to contact my son (sorry trying not to use his name), The police asked what limitations are on the RVO and I read out what they were. No contact to be made either in person or by txt or e mail or within so many metres of their house or he mustn't get a third party to contact them on his behalf. Ah said the constable. We have a bit of a problem. Because the order says that a third person must not contact them on behalf of my son then the police cant contact them cos they are considered a third party and would have to arrest my son for breaching the order! Lord give me strength!!!!!!!!!! and patience.....................now! So if son gets any more calls or visits from the ferrals then no one can speak to them about it as son would be arrested for using a third party to contact them. Go figure. The law really is an ass!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That really is completely nuts. I hope you all get through it OK.

And seriously, what sort of lunatic takes an order out against someone and then calls them?

Good luck to all of you.