Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Hello all. Its been a few days since I last posted and although i don't have much to blog about I am able to say that I have put on about 3kg in as many days due to my mothers visit and the home cooking that has taken over my house! I don't think I have had as much cream. sugar eggs or butter in my house ever as I have in the last couple of weeks. I have trekked backwards and forwards to the supermarket at least once a day to stock up any dwindling supply or anything that may have even remotely looked like it was going to run out. Mum made a coffee cake yesterday which was no where near as good as the three inches of fudgey coffee icing on top of it and why is it that I have to go and puked up the veges and roast that I eat but the cakes trifles and piklets just cruise on past the band giving it a gleeful finger as they do I'm sure. Even Andy is saying between mouthfuls of delicious gooey treats 'we really must get back on our diet'. My mum just cant seem to help herself when it comes to stocking up and I make no secret of the fact that I cant seem to help myself eating it. Mum goes home this Saturday and although I will be sad I can hear my surgeon say 'oh thank God for that'. lol. She will certainly be leaving a chokers pantry and fridge and a well watered garden behind and a daughter with a slightly larger behind of her own. Well I best be off to bed and ready myself for another day in the kitchen (its peanut brownies and ginger crunch tomorrow). I finished up at my job yesterday and I am so glad about that. I will miss some of my work colleagues but not much else except maybe the pay packet until my new job starts on the 04/06 but then again I think my pantry will keep us going for a good couple of months and if it doesn't the butter supply will. I'll blog again soon and tell you about the copious amounts of exercise I will be doing to get off the extra kg's xx

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh man it's hard to say no to mum's cooking hey! Just enjoy it and try to look forward to the extra exercise!!

All the best,

Em :)