Saturday, August 30, 2008

Happy ONE YEAR BANDERVERSARY

Hi all, Gosh I don't know where the time goes but it sure goes somewhere. Can you believe it has been a whole year since I was banded! ONE YEAR this week! Good grief. What a year its been. I feel all sorts of emotions when I think of the build up to the operation then the last year. I was beside myself with fear this time last year. Fear of the operation and failure and then the enormous hopelessness of my weight problems and what would happen to me if I didn't go ahead with it. So here I am a year later thinking how at times I still feel a bit hopeless because I am still struggling with weight everyday but also because I was hoping to be in the 80ks range and I am still about 96kg. I know I need to go have a yak with my surgeon and discuss what else to do but I feel really embarrassed at not being lighter. On the other side of the journey (the positive side) I am hugely grateful that I have lost over 37kg and have a life. I have a new career that could never have happened without the band and I have given myself years back. For that I am so thankful for.
The fact is that I am always going to have to be focused on what goes into my mouth and I have to exercise (a dirty dirty word right now).
I am going to make an appointment to see Dr Hamdorf in the next couple of weeks and talk 'stuff' over with him. A part of me is hoping for a sleeve to replace the band but I dont know if its easy to convince ones surgeon of it. Andy is looking amazing from all the exercise he is doing. He has lost about 20ks and is very toned and yummo looking. I listen to hime huff and puff for an hour each day and think how little time that one hour is but thats about as far as I get to joining him.
Well no more news from me. I will post again soon. xxx
PS I am loving my job. Just loving it. Its bizarre that I love it so much I guess but I really do .

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy banderversay!

I'm just in awe of how much you have achieved this year. Not only have you lost those 37kgs (which works out to between 0.5 - 1kg a week) but you have changed careers to something you love. To get to that career you needed to pass some pretty full on physical testing, as well as all the mental stuff - wow!

Congratulations.

Melanie said...

You've achieved so much - 37kg in one year is fantastic. Melanie

Bluezbandit said...

Wow congratulations!! You look FABULOUS. I was done last week and you give me LOTS of hope.

THANKS
Deb