Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Exercise and breathe, exercise and breathe

Today I thought I would put a little bit of exercise into my day. So, I went to the loo's at work which are down one flight of stairs and then decided I would go down to the basement and come back up the stairs. Now take note that this is not a good plan if you are forty fat and very freakin unfit!!! I walked to the basement ok cos its all down hill but OH MY LORD it is a long way back up and there is no going back once I started. I headed up and as I approached level G I was thinking 'this sucks'. By level 1 I was thinking 'this really hurts' by level 2 I had hit the pinnacle of 'wtf am I thinking' and by level 3 I knew without doubt that if anyone from my office saw me in the next 10 minutes they would ask if I was ok whilst dialling 000. I tell you this was no fun and when I finally on jelly like legs got to my desk I was praying 'oh please lord, don't let my phone ring cos I just cant talk and breathe all at the same time. Then my day got a bit more loopy when my boss who sits right next to me starts talking about someone being full of shit. As he is talking he looks over and there lined up along my desk is Metamucil capsules, nu-lax and Benefibre with 2 litres of water. I just raised my eyebrows and said 'lets not talk about anyone being full of shit cos right now they have my deepest sympathy'. He just laughed. Yep back to squatting for me! All else is good. I am eating and drinking and generally feeling well. I am looking forward to seeing the surgeon next week for an update and first fill. Bit scared though. I only eat a cupful now per meal so not sure what it will be like after a fill. All part of the journey I guess. Will post again soon xx Dianne

No comments: