Friday, October 12, 2007

JUST SPECTACLES (check out the photo)

This post has nothing to do with my weight loss journey but I still think its worth a mention. My pet hate/peeve/gripe in life is bad business practices. You know the thing. We all have to deal with it but i reckon none more so than those here in Perth. A few weeks ago I put (stupidly) my glasses in my jacket pocket then promptly broke the arm when I sat on the pocket. I realised with great relief that they were repairable if I could just get JUST SPECTACLES to replace the arm.( I bought them from JUST SPECTACLES a few months before) I dropped them into the shop a couple of weeks ago and the guy says 'that shouldn't be a problem' we will have them ready in a week. I drop back for them because JUST SPECTACLES never ring to say anything is ready and am told they cant find them but will ring me in a couple of days when they do. Now after saying they never ring I need to correct that because the following Monday they ring and leave this msg for me on my voicemail. 'Um yes, Dianne its F@#43 speaking from JUST SPECTACLES. We have your glasses here for you to pick up (pause) ...................... um they're not a good match cos we couldn't find an arm to match the one on the glasses but we have put another arm on but um er mmm um its not a good match , but then adds brightly 'so there is no charge for it'. Thanks bye'. Well how bad could it be I wonder to myself. I call in yesterday and notice the girl and guy assistants look at each other when I said who I was and the guy says to the girl 'oh I'm busy, you better serve her'. The young lass pulls out my glasses and presents me with the most mismatched pair of arms I have ever seen. Apparently this is the best they can do. I looked around the shop and asked if I was on candid camera? No, the girl says shocked!!!!! Are you people serious I ask. Yessss we are she says. Oh.......................ok. Caleb is with me and just about wetting himself laughing at the new look specs. Now if a 10yr old can see it why cant bimbo and Brutus? Right, well do you think you could take off the original arm and replace both with matching arms I ask. Ummmmm noooo she says almost rolling her eyes, as she explains that they don't have pairs of the same arms just one offs. What the !!!!!!!!Well, would you have two matching pieces of wire you can use then? But she says....................wait for it...................'we aren't going to charge you'!!! Woo hoo a freebie that's so appalling I cant use them. Now theres a bargain. I have decided to keep them because if I cant find anything else to laugh about I can pull them out and they will do the trick. So thanks JUST SPECTACLES IN ROCKINGHAM I look forward to dealing with your competitors in the near future. Over and out

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dianne, Just wanted to send a note and say `You Go Girl`, you certainly look great and hopefully will be feeling very proud of yourself. I admire your will power to do something to make you life better for you, something as women and mothers we tend to put on the back burner. I will keep checking on your progress, well done.
Sandra x