Tuesday, October 30, 2007

No more white bread for me.

Morning all. I am home from work with a chest infection so thought I would take the opportunity to add a quick blog. Everything seems to be going along well. Andy and I met some friends at a local Cafe on Sunday. It started off really well. The sun was shining, the water was glistening, the company was relaxing, the steak sandwhich got stuck- and I spent a good 30 minutes up and down to the loo trying to dislodge the blimmin thing, I was trying to act all cool calm and collected but whoa it was so sore and uncomfortable that after a few minutes I couldn't have given a toss what anyone thought it just became 'all about me'! Anyway that was enough to make me want to wave a not so fond farewell to my gluten friend, Mr Bread. I'm not sure what that does to the band but for the next 8 hours I had a great deal of trouble keeping anything down but all is well again now. I don't know what the scales say but I have decided not to weigh in until Dec when I next see my surgeon. Some people at church didn't recognise me so that's a sure sign of changes I guess. Andy has settled into his new job as a pest control salesman well. Neither of us are missing the mines which is great and at least this way we wont have an ant problem this summer (if it ever arrives). I have been looking into going to uni or Tafe and studying nutrition. I can't imagine returning to school but to qualify as a nutritionist would be way cool and a direction I would love to take career wise. The courses are all so varied that I felt a little lost after speaking to the career advisers yesterday. I think that doing it correspondence would be a go. As I work for the government they are big on higher education so time off wouldn't be a problem. I'll keep you posted on that one. Well nothing else to report from me. Right back to my mantra........................bread is not my friend, bread is not my friend, bread is not my frie..........

No comments: