Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Its been one of those days!

I had my first fill yesterday. Dr Hamdorf put in 3mls making my 11ml band in total being 7mls filled. I feel very full very quickly but have noticed that I eat after I am past the point of no return hunger wise and so I gobble down too much, too fast and don't chew well enough. Been sick or Pb'd (productive burping) twice. This means I basically can't keep down the food and burp it back which is not vomit but just newly chewed food hence I can tell I haven't chewed well enough. I cant eat sushi now - bummed about that. I cant seem to keep it down. All in all its going well and I am now allowed to eat real food so I am enjoying the crunch of crackers. Wind is a major problem and now I have to watch the loos and only go when no one else is in there. From someone who has always been quite an accomplished farter it is unbelievable what its like now. Someone was in the loo the other day and I couldn't help but let it rip. Later when I ran into her she said she was in the loo earlier and someone farted so much she nearly fell off the toilet! She said she had never heard anything like it. I just said 'really'! Honestly it is shocking but bonus is they are pong free . Lucky its on Pbing farts lol. Today was a strange kind of day. Andy and I decided a few days ago that we would choose to have a good attitude every day which until today had worked really well. After I got off the bus today I was walking to my office when I remembered about a homeless man that I see everyday. Today, I decided I would stop and offer to buy him breakfast (something that I wasn't overly comfortable doing). As I got closer to where he is normally standing I started to think 'nah, I dont want to do this' but that little still voice in me said otherwise. So there he was standing in his usual spot. Anyway I walked slowly past him and happened to notice how huge the line was in McDonald's so I reasoned I wouldn't stop cos I would have to wait too long for his meal. I kept walking with my head down. After a few steps I stopped and looked back and thought about what a let down I was being to another human so I finally convicted myself enough to walk back up to him. I said to him 'Hi mate, can I buy you breakfast' he looked at me and shook his head and said no. lol lol lol. I couldn't believe it. I asked him again and even tried to convince him to let me buy him a feed (by now I was on a roll) but he just kept shaking his head and saying no. I ended up walking off to work feeling remarkably silly but with a bit of a smile on my face too. Then to top off this strange day. Andy came into Perth with Caleb to pick me up after work. I told Andy to meet me outside my office as I work next to a surf shop and I thought we could buy Caleb a much needed pair of shoes for school and that would be part of his birthday present. Well we found the bargain of the week. A pair of surf brand shoes for $49.00. Yipee I thought what a saving given this month has 6 birthdays in it. Off we go feeling very happy. We stop at a food place and buy a drink each and Caleb has a wrap. When we are 3 houses from home (an hours drive from Perth) Caleb says 'um mum did you pick up my shoes in the cafe'. Nooooooooo. I had to make numerous attempts to get my good attitude back and not throttle the child. Could be worse when I think about the homeless man so all in all life is great. Love to you all xxxx Dianne PS If you see a homeless person don't ask them just buy them a meal.

No comments: