Monday, April 21, 2008

I am 95kg today! I cant believe that I am nearly in the 80's. Its been 7 years since I was there and then it was for the shortest time. I have had a very reflective weekend after I spoke to a very dear friend who had a massive health scare last week. I don't know what happens in our lives to make us give up on ourselves and then time and family and jobs and everything else just takes over and suddenly YEARS have gone and we are older, fatter, unfit, and tired and it all just feels too hard and too much to change. I am asked all the time if I regret or am glad to have had the band and up until now I have always kind of shrugged and said its not for everyone and I have had my regrets. I think sometimes because I have been embarrassed that I had to go to the measures I did to lose weight and often the people that ask me are not or have never struggles with true obesity and so I feel uncomfortable trying to explain/justify my choice of the band. Anyway after thinking about my friend I have decided that the band is a blimmin good idea for anyone who is at the end of their weight loss tether and wants to achieve permanent weight loss and change their lives in a very positive way. I still put in mammoth amounts of effort (and sometimes I fail and get frustrated) but all in all the band is the tool that has got me to where I am today including the change in my career. If anyone is thinking of the band I would seriously say (after you have seen Dr's etc) go for it PROVIDING you are willing to make life changes and exercise too. Finally, to my wonderful friend who will be reading this. I love you and am praying for changes in your circumstances. Hang on in there chick because life is going to get better xxxxxxx

5 comments:

Unknown said...

My thoughts are with your friend - I hope things change for her soon.

I don't think I could function without my band - it has been the most amazing tool for my weightloss, but it is helping me to have the confidence to make other changes in my life.

Unknown said...

Oh, and 95 - that is fabulous - congratulations! You look so different now - wow!

mags said...

Wow...you look amazing. Keep up the good work. I am so so proud of you. XXX

Anonymous said...

you look so fantastic..wow...im feeling a little better still sleeping a lot tho..thanks for your prayers

Anonymous said...

Hey Kay, Just take it easy and sleep as much as you can. Your body is healing itself so give it a break and let it lol. OK lol xxx