Saturday, April 05, 2008

I have just finished working so thought 'whats a good way to distress? What better way to vent than to post on the blog! I know that being a parking warden is truly scraping the bottom of the employment barrel but I would like to add that I also have little respect for someone who is going off at me because they have just been pinged for parking where they shouldn't. We have all done it (parked where we shouldn't and hope for the best) but really we all pretty much know that if we get caught we have to wear it so what the f**k are the matter with the people where I work. I go up to a car and say to the driver 'hi sir, you cant actually park here as you can see from the SIGN HANGING STRAIGHT ABOVE YOUR DUMB ARSE HEAD and he says 'so'. He says, 'I'm not moving'. Well, fair enough. I mean, why would ya! and that's what I said. 'Fair enough mate' but then hes really pissed at me when I hand him his $75.00 parking ticket and seems really freakin irate when I say just in passing as you do ' oh by the way, if you had of just parked over there it would have cost you 3 bucks for the whole night, but not to worry you have a nice night anyways! Tosser! I have the greatest of understanding for stupid laws and I fully concede that we don't have enough parking where its truly necessary ie hospitals and the like but its hardly my bloody fault is it! Then just to top a fabulous working evening off I have to train home with the drunks that want to fight over who should of, did or didn't win the game. By that time of night I want to scream at them that if they don't sit down and shut up I am gonna book them for parking where they shouldn't lol. Today it was widdling down with rain and we trudged around like bit fluro drips but I looked the prettiest because my glasses kept fogging up lol lol lol. Oh so attractive. Right I am off for a hot shower and a glass/bottle of Dolcetto Syrah and a good movie hopefully. Have a great weekend xx PS I forgot to tell you about this flustered lady who wanted me to guide her and her HUGE 4x4 into a parking bay. Now let me explain that I am super useless at two things in this life #1 is my sense of direction and #2 is parking into a straight on parking bay in a big vehicle. I sooooo didn't want to help this lady. Andy always says to me (when he is guiding me) things like left hand down, right hand down or whatever so here I am saying ok 'turn the wheel that way' while pointing up the road and straighten the wheels, no hang on I don't mean that sort of straight I mean turn the wheels so they are straight ahead towards the curb (well I was confused alot lol). Honestly the lady did this little bunny hop and I squealed at her to stop cos she was so close to the car beside her that I could not have gotten a piece of paper between the two vehicles. It was scary. In the end a bloke offered to help and I thanked him profusely and walked away super quick without meeting this womans eyes lol

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Things that scare me - helping other people park their cars! I would have been so relieved too when that man took over.

Hope the dolcetto was good - yum!