Wednesday, April 09, 2008

So the saga continues

Just a quick post cos I want to update you on the Prison Service. This week I have the last two stages of the process. The literacy and the fitness. Now, although I don't have a particularly high opinion of myself out of all the stages of this ridiculous process the literacy is the only one I thought I would fly through not because I am particularly bright but I love reading and just life in general, the job I do and that I think my IQ is ok makes me think that I will do 'passable'. Well that little sucker was today and I turned up today and joined eight others for what I thought would be a bit of a breeze. OH BOY WAS I WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!!!! It was all multiple choice and ALL they were (I forget the name these questions have) but I could call them a colourful one, they were those questions that go ........... is to drink as bread is to,,,,,,,,,,, . Out of everything they could of given me these are the worst cos I have never got it. Never never never. I just really struggle with them. In the end I was just colouring in any little box I wanted to. I would look at my answer sheet and notice I had answered 5 C's in a row so thought I better choose a different answer for the next one. I really bungled it! Well I find out tomorrow and honestly if I pass it is a miracle from God cos I did not do it on my own that's for sure. Will post again after I have the results. On a footnote I would like to add, What the heck are these agencies thinking. I send in a resume which is good enough to get me a first interview. I then do 5 hours of psych testing all of which is reading and written. Then the panel interview and I have to write my answers to all the questions I am being asked and I have to submit that to them at the end of the interview so I can obviously read, comprehend and write. Why would they then put someone through this nonsensical process? Surely the fact someone can read and write bloody well should be enough? By the way the answer is Water is to drink as bread is to food. Yeah yeah yeah it all makes perfect sense once ya know the answer lol PPS I did actually get that one right cos it was one of the examples lol

3 comments:

kaylene63 said...

hey there, im confused by this site but anyway you know they only give you the weird questions to get inside your head!!!. Went for a job packing shelves once, and had to do a massive sych evaluation, didnt pass,didnt get the job such is life...wonder why im normal, im normal I say...

Anonymous said...

why are you confused by this site?We all know you are normal darling and we support you so just keep that in mind. Now repeat after me ,,,,,,,,, I am ok, I am ok lol

Unknown said...

I'm with you - I hate, loathe, despise and detest those questions.