Monday, April 06, 2009

Warning - Contains course language

Hello all. I was lying in bed (11 am on my day off) pondering some 'stuff' and thought ' bugger it, may as well blog'. Always good to write down stuff that's going on in my head I reckon so that's whats bought me to this chair. Firstly band is going good. Not as tight after the last fill now. It must settle and swell a little when its first filled then that must go down cos I can eat lots more than I could last week. I secretly wonder if its leaking but no one seems to think so so maybe it's just the way it is. I go back end of next week so Ill talk to him then. Not sure what the scales are doing but its Easter and well I'm eating chocolate which I like a great deal of lol. I am again not exercising and that just pisses me off but I'm just too tired after my 12 hour days at work. We are looking at taking a big trip overseas next year so both Andy and I are upping our overtime to fund it which definitely rules out exercise (I know its a piss poor excuse but it works for me OK lol) Andy has finished training and is now at the job. Very exciting for us although I have hit a bit of a problem which potentially is going to be a complete bastard of a thing if I can't sort it but.....................................................not sure how to sort it.
The industry that I work in is very male orientated and that's just one of those things that I accept. Years ago I would have really baulked the system and tried to fight for equality and all that but now I understand its just how it is and no matter what no body is going to change it so when i arrived at the job I decided the best way to get acceptance was to act like one of the lads which I can do easily. I don't try and pull the female card at all because its been so hard to be accepted as an equal ( and I'm still working on it) In fact I seem to have done it so well that when we all went out a couple of weeks ago every ones mouths dropped open when I walked in, in a dress and make up. Some didn't recognise me at all.
Anyway FAT MR BEAN as he will now be referred thinks hes all that but is sadly all of nothing yickkkky. Most of the time us girls just roll our eyes and keep working but yesterday I was sitting in the tea room alone with him and he got up to thank me for something. As he walked towards me I thought shit he is going to hug me or kiss me or something and then thought nah he wouldn't then thought shit he is..................... all as he got closer (we are only talking 4 or 5 steps so I didn't have time to make a dash). Anyway before i could move he was coming down on me for a hug and I was so gob smacked that my mouth was partly open again his neck and my arms pinned to my sides. I couldn't friggen move with shock. I can't say fear but it was definitely shock. All I could think in what seemed like hours was 'don't move, don't breathe and don't move your fucking tongue a fraction or he's gonna think you are trying to get it on lol". Anyway it was only a hug of a couple of seconds but I spent a long time scrubbing my mouth and cleaning my teeth.
So, that's what I was lying in bed thinking about this morning. What am I going to do about ugly Mr Bean. I know if I was to try and tackle this I would be ostracised and in essence would absolutely have to leave they would make sure of it. Am I willing to risk it for an offensive little fuck! And at the end of the day whats he really done? Yes he's crossed boundaries but what would i say. "Fat Bean hugged me and I didn't like it". Any ideas?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

never be alone with mr bean again, and give him the coldies so he gets the picture,cos ur rite you wont win this war so you have to kinda deal with it urself....where are you going on ur overseas trip....im off to nz in ummmm 50 hours...one could never think i was on a countdown could they...and arriving all glammed up in a dress course you shocked them..i mean your gorgeous now for goodness sake girl...!!!!kay

Melanie said...

I've had this same situation at the Fire Brigade years ago. The way I did it was to not go near him or speak to him until you in a siutation with lots of people. I reported the incident to the HR manager but said I didn't want him to take action - just to know about it. I also told the HR manager what I intended to do and he supported me in my approach. I approached FAT Mr BEAN-type in the tearoom with lots of other people around and said "Hey, about the other day when you molested me in the tearoom, IF YOU EVER TOUCH ME AGAIN I'LL HAVE YOU CHARGED WITH ASSAULT - YOU HEAR ME? Keep away from me". This may not work for you but honestly it will happen again and again if you do not take some action. By the way, the guy never approached me again but then, I was senior to him. You've gotta take some action. Melanie