Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Anyone got a job going?

Hi all. Well I had one of those little 'life curve balls' thrown at me yesterday. Went for the medical for the prison service and failed due to high blood pressure. I find it all a little ironic as 6 months ago I was over 60 packets of butter heavier than I am no and I can jog and cycle and even do 6 YESSSSS 6 push ups and my blood pressure is the highest I have ever known it to be! I really arent that sad about the job although I think I would have enjoyed it I am realllllllllly gutted that for the first time in such a long time i had something that I had started really loving working towards (fitness test). I know I can find something else but right now I just wanna sulk for awhile. I am back to the job drawing board and want to put my middle finger up to every thought of exercise lol but I wont be beaten. Maybe this is what I need to make me think about my career choices. I kinda like the idea of working outside so may look at council work or something. Hey the good news is that when Doogie Howser (the Dr was about 12) weighed me I was under 98kg. That was exciting. Right must be off to see my GP now about a blood pressure plan and probably medication. What a shit! xx
PS I am back from the quack who gave me blood pressure pills and new inhalers. She said in her broken english that I will be on the meds for life! I dont agree with that and will now make it my mission to prove her wrong but will also take the meds until I know it is safe to trial coming off them. I havent exercised for two days and that will change from tomorrow because already I am feeling defeated and have a 'who gives a rip - what's in the fridge' attitude. So folks, onwards and upwards from tomorrow on. Thanks to the kind person who leaves me comments I really do love getting feedback. xx

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well that sucks. Wallow for a bit - you are definitely entitled. Good luck getting the blood pressure under control. I wonder if you can double what you've achieved training for the fitness test in the next 3 months? I bet you can.

kaylene63 said...

well what a bugger!!! but damm it girl 98 what a blowout...that is sooooo cool and im estatic for you..a little blood pressure will change soon enough im sure...perhaps its when you do mover your body more it goes up..cos mine has been perfect all my life too...and shane is thru the roof and hes always on the move....ps...i finally learnt how to answer your comments...hahaha

Em said...

Been reading your blog for a few weeks and wanted to comment on this post. What a poop! I bet your blood pressure will decrease as your fitness and health improves. Could have been the stress of having the test too!! I'm sure you'll find something else that you'll enjoy just as much. Good luck!