Saturday, March 01, 2008

This morning I was up and out the door at 7.30am so I could arrive nice and early totally not stressed to have my interview with the psychologist. Well I arrived in good time and was seen quite promptly and so began 70 minutes of 'so, how does it make you feel' sort of stuff. I really couldn't judge how I went by the end of it. I know some of my answers probably would have raised her internal eyebrows but I decided I wasn't going to compromise who I am for a job. She asked a lot about me and drinking! The questions were, do you consider you have a drink problem? Would others think you have a drink problem? How often do you drink? How much do you drink? When do you drink? Bloody hell by the end of it I wanted to say 'you don't happen to have a bottle of something stashed under your desk do you'? So once again its just wait, wait, wait! Tuesday is the medical and if I get any further than that I will have the fitness soon after the medical I imagine. I jogged 1.1km without stopping today and out of alllllll the crazy exercise stuff that was the most exhilarating thing I have done in a very long thing. It was absolutely fantastic to jog the whole way and see the end in sight knowing I hadn't stopped. It took about 6 mins so I don't have clue if that's good or bad all I know it was a terrific feeling. I know for many of you reading this that doesnt sound like much of a feat but for someone who has been so fat she has had to limp when standing up until her legs can hold her weight well I feel great. I havent a great deal that I am proud of in my life (except the usual of family and marriage) but I am really really grateful for what the band has given me and teh freedom I now have to live a more functional life. I don't think it is for every obese people and I wish I could have acheived where I am without it but for those that just can't battle obesity any longer it is such a blessing. Will post again mid week or once I here today's results x

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow - that jogging is fantastic. What an acheivement - congratulations.