Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My own little marathon morning

Woo hoo today I have the day off work. My eldest son has mental illness/brain injury and I have to take him to the Dr's which has taken me three weeks to get the appointment so I decided that I would also see my Dr and have all the usual ageing tests that one is suppose to have done so what a darn good reason to have a day off. I was feeling a bit flat because I wouldn't be doing Jacob's ladder with my work mate and am one of those people who needs a bomb under her butt to get moving so didn't think I would do any exercise today but...............................I got up, put on my runners and I jogged for 35mins straight! Yep 35 minutes. Woo hoo for me. By the time I got back onto my road I had the stupidest grin on my face and even though the sweat was pouring off me I could still breathe quite calmly. I felt fantastic. I got in the car and measured it out and I had run 3.7 K's. Honestly half way through I was talking to myself and it went something like 'cmon just to the next street then ok you can stop when you get to that house down there' etc and I did it the whole way till I saw my house. I feel really pleased to have accomplished this little goal. I will be happy when I can jog 10 K's and will slowly work my way up to that. After years and years of hearing 'exercise is a good thing' I think that 'they' might be right. xx

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Dianne,

That 35 minutes is fantastic - well done! Congratulations. I hope all the doctors appointments went well.

sallbelle said...

Great blog Dianne. I am enjoying following your journey. You really look lovely!

Anonymous said...

hey dianne, you look fantastic..forget about the size 10 and look how far youve come...i think your gorgeous..all ok here just hectic..will call when i get a chance...

Anonymous said...

that was me kaylene the anonymous one...still cant figure out blogs..and have too many passwords to remember hahaha