Thursday, March 06, 2008

From her husbands perspective

Hi
I would like to say thanks to all those people who have taken the time to follow Dianne's journey and to comment.
This is the first time I have said anything on this site.
Let me start by saying that I too have always had a problem with my weight maybe not the same issues that Dianne was dealing with more like me just being lazy.
I have really seen a change in Dianne since she decided to go for the operation, she has been determined to loose weight and had lost quite a bit through dieting prior to the operation.
I was aware of what the operation was and what it involved, but until you experience it ,it doesn't seem so real. However now that we have experienced it for some time things like having lunch out together, me quietly eating, my wife productive burping beside me have taken some getting use to. Life is some what different but at least we are still spending time together.
I was going to start the process and as I sat in the surgeons office I decided I would give it a go by losing weight through diet and exercise. I started exercising like crazy and started to loose weight I am now also making much better food choices, currently I have lost 20 kilos.
I owe alot of this to Dianne who had the courage to have a life changing operation,I thought to myself that it was time for me to start changing,and I am.
My exercising has encouraged Dianne to really start and we now spend time doing that together as well.
I am extremely proud of my wife and will keep on encouraging her, she has done so well. I am much more used to productive burping and sliming now, and am happy to continue with my meal as though nothing is up.
But really there is no choice and nothing to grumble about, the choices ; have my wife around for a lot longer and healthier or to see her slowly killing her self,no choice at all.
This is an ongoing change, the surgery was only part of the process. It certainly is not the complete solution, There is still alot of work ahead of both of us ;I am just glad we can go through it together. Regards Andy

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Andy, thanks for posting. I'm so glad to see that Dianne has your support. It is so good to see things from the other half's view. Congratulations to both of you on the changes you have made.

Something I've really enjoyed in Dianne's posts is the fun you seem to have together exercising. Congratulations!!