Sunday, November 14, 2010

Felt like a million bucks!

Back from the wedding. I saw so many people from work which was lovely to catch up with them all. Most of them didn't recognise me for ages which always happens when I don't wear glasses although I cant see a thing! I wore a dress which is unusual for me so it was probably a little harder to tell my tum had changed but the majority were gob smacked at how different I looked. (lots checked out my none existent new rack lol).
One of the amazing things was how many ladies said they were either booking in or were seriously thinking about booking in for some surgery. They said I had inspired them. Im not sure how but I do understand it takes courage to do it although maybe I didn't show jsut how much I was pooping bricks. So many people thought I looked really different in the face and like I told them its only the 6 days having complete bedrest and then being on holidays although I got asked if I had had a face job!!!!!   
My lesson last night which I have learnt so well but obviously not well enough is 'dont go out hungry'. I was like a prowling lion when the food came out and as ii was Thai food (YUMMO) they had me at coconut cream. Needless to say I chowed down big time and enjoyed every fried, spiced, creamed thing but now I have the guilts so I will drink copious amounts of water and rein in the appetite big time for the next few days.
Will try and get some photos up today xx

5 comments:

THE DASH! said...

Oh Di,
Seriously. This is the best news ever. To go through such a big ordeal and be happy at the end of it - and you sound like a completely new woman, I can hear it in your attitude - is an amazing thing. I am so happy for you.
If you ever get down this way again, call me (do you still have my number?).. I would love to catch up with you. :) xx

THE DASH! said...

DAMN! Ps .. your stomach looks amazing.. bloody amazing. I meant to tell you that too, doh.

michelle said...

Hi Diane,

Wonderful you are feeling so great after the band and tummy tuck. I have had an eating disorder for over 40 years. I cant stop eating in the afternoons and evening.
Recently I have been taking Irvingia plus a low carb ketgenic diet and found that the desire to overeat has just gone. You might like to check it out.
My blog is at
http://dietinglady.blogspot.com/

michelle said...

Hi Diane,

Wonderful you are feeling so great after the band and tummy tuck. I have had an eating disorder for over 40 years. I cant stop eating in the afternoons and evening.
Recently I have been taking Irvingia plus a low carb ketgenic diet and found that the desire to overeat has just gone. You might like to check it out.
My blog is at
http://dietinglady.blogspot.com/

Em said...

Wow! Just caught up on your blog. Congrats on going thru with the tummy tuck. You look amazing! I'm keen to have one at some stage down the track too to get rid of the "flap"! Obviously have to wait til the baby makes an appearance haha!

Em :)