Friday, September 07, 2007

04/09/07

This is it. The day of surgery. I arrived at St John of God at 5.30am with my husband holding my hand. I finally have peace about this momentous decision. I am weighed (123kg). Wish like crazy I had of not eaten McDonald's last night cos it was typically gross. Should have gone for Chinese or KFC or Hungry Jacks (well I know its crazy but that's what I was thinking). I also had the great great pleasure of getting a really heavy period that started yesterday - sorry if thats too much info but hey you cant imagine what an absolute grrrr that was to arrive. Anyway get me paper knickers which looks like the hat only with an extra leg in it. All prepped and ready to go. Wheeled off to theatre at 7.40am. I am on top of the list so am thrilled not to be waiting around. I think I am a lot like my father cos me and waiting in hospital just aren't a match. The anesthetist arrives and says he will just scratch my hand a bit then says "see you soon". That was pretty much it. I glimpsed my surgeon who said 'good morning" but apart from that the next thing I saw was 9.50am on the clock and I was awake. Blood pressure gave me grief for the next day and a half and piddling was a drama but not really any pain to speak of. They kept asking me if I wanted pain relief but I didn't cos it wasn't sore. A bit stiff but not sore at all.

No comments: