Friday, September 14, 2007

Friday 14 Sept - 11 days post op

Wow I cant believe it is already 11 days since undergoing this life changing adventure. I don't think I have lost anymore weight probably because since being banded I have progressively added more and more food (liquid and thicker) to my diet. I have really struggled with the eating side. Today for example I had a 600ml of low fat ice coffee. I managed to drink it just fine which I find a bit depressing because I was soooo enjoying not being hungry in the beginning. I see my surgeon for my first post op on Monday 17th and I have to say I am hoping he will give me my first wee fill. Most don't get one this early but I have read of a few that do. I just don't want to have the hassles of struggling with not over eating. I am back to work on Monday too so to walk in and say 'gidday all, sorry boss I gotta have a couple of hours off this morning for an appt' is making me feel a bit apprehensive. I do work with the great bunch of people including my boss so that makes it a little easier.
I thought I would be a smart arse and take off all the dressing as they seemed to be healing really wel. Well, three have but the port gives me a stingy time of it. And so itchy that in the end I washed it and soaked it in teatree oil and recovered it. I feel like the port has moved about 2 inches north of where it was so I am not sure what is up with that. I guess Dr Hamdorf will take a squizz on Monday. Nothing else to report. I am off to the movies tonight with my 10yr old so will enjoy sniffing yummy buttery popcorn smells (NOT). I love movie popcorn! Ciao for now xx

No comments: