Monday, September 17, 2007

Post op apptment with Surgeon 17/09/07

I had my two week post op appointment today. I saw Dr Hamdorf who was thrilled with my weight loss to date. Since seeing him I have lost 13kg, 8kg of which were in the last two weeks. I was expecting him to say that I will be on mushie food (baby food consistency) for two weeks but instead he said he wanted me to stay on them for (((((( 3 )))))) weeks! It took every ounce of energy not to splutter 'what'. Anyway he said no real food for 3 weeks and so that's that!!!! I went back to work today and my colleague (whom from now on will be known as COW) ate hot chips and chicken roll for lunch at her desk. I kept chanting - in between dribbles, I can do this, I can do this. She was quite apologetic and of course I don't really think she is a cow but man it was hard. We also have an open plan office and our tea facilities are in the middle of the floor like
I said all open plan. Today someone made toast TWO times. I yie yie! Never mind I had my..........................up n go mmm mmmmmm. Banana flavour :o) All else is great. I have told numerous people now about the op which is good. I feel like I have come a long way from the melt downs I have had to where I am today. My life motto is 'I may not be where I want to be, but I'm not where I use to be'. It feels very true for where I am at today. Will post again in a few days. I feel like I can tell I have lost weight but as I add photos I do understand those who say they cant see it yet. Oh well. It wont happen overnight but it will happen. My baby comes home on thursday from the mines so itll be interesting to see if he notices. May the lord have mercy on him if he does'nt lol xx

No comments: