Saturday, September 22, 2007

oooohhhh can I lick the plates please!!!!!

Saturday 22/09/07
Tonight we decided we would have a meal out. Now this was quite a regular affair as we barter work with quite a few of the local restaurants but that was all in another life (pre op). Tonight was the first one post op. We arrive and hubby starts scrutinising the menu for me and 16 yr laughs the whole time at what I cant have compared to what I could of had pre op. Right so there we are and hubby is saying 'ok hon, what about some oysters? Are they mushy enough?'. Um how about 'NO'. "Well what about chicken then?" NO, I reply. Ummmm how about garlic bread? Errr No I again reply. This goes on for a few more minutes when finally I say, 'I think I will try the grilled fish for entree and then the rest of you can pick at it too'. The boys all choose bread and oysters kilpatrick (my favourite) for entrees. Right with that out of the way then comes the drinks decision and I decide I will stick to water woo hoo. After all by the time I get through the food I figure the rest of the family will be ready to go and I wont be able to even start on a glass of wine. Now comes choosing mains! Caleb (10) chooses Thai chicken curry and rice. Ethan (16) chooses Beef and Reef with garlic cream sauce and Andy chooses chicken and some sort of saucy stuff. I am left in a bit of a quandary. No chicken. No chips. No beef. What I am looking for here is anything mushy and right now the best decision is sitting in the desserts cabinet in the form of cheese cake. I finally decide on the beef, bacon and mushroom pie. Mainly cos I figure it will be saucy and I can eat that. Entrees come and the fish is way to firm so everyone else eats that ( I had three tiny fork full). They all ate the oysters and I pleaded for the juice in the shell which out of pity they gave to me. I watched them all eat gorgeous fresh breads with fresh real butter. Then the mains came. My pie wasn't saucy at all hardly so I piled everything onto Andy's plate including the chips as I thought they would be my biggest temptation. I bludged two of Ethan's prawns which were delicious ( chew chew chewing them until they were mushy) then I kept trying to scrape some sauce off his steak. Lucky he didn't seem to mind. I sopped up some of Andy's sauce off his chicken and then scraped Caleb's plate of Thai curry sauce. By the end of it I felt pretty full and my handbag was packed with left overs for the dog - hey waste not want not I say! Bit of a bugger having to be charged for licking the plates though.
On the plus side I can now cross my legs comfortably when I sit. I fit a blouse that I have had for four years (wouldnt actually wear it now but anyway) and could never. And lastly Andy bought me a ring and earring set about three years ago. It cost $1800 and I always meant to get around to resizing the ring but never did. I couldnt even get it close to my knuckle and today it slipped on my finger!!!! Woo hoo. Really pleased about that. All in all a positive end to the week! xx for now Dianne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it is so easy to pretend all is well when it is not.to be so pro active in finding an answer to such a personal problem and then to share the journey with the world takes great caracter.i am so proud of a sister that does not step away from any challenge and seems to lead by example,even willing to admit to failings along the way.we are all proud of you Dianne .you go girl..